Life Jacket Drive Events
Help the Sea Tow Foundation plan and conduct Life Jacket Drives in your area to collect new and gently used life jackets to ensure there are enough life jackets for people who need them. Life Jacket Drives are used to replenish Life Jacket Loaner Stations, establish new stations, and to benefit events that need many life jackets at one time such as: antique boat parades, first-time water experiences, fishing derbies, paddle sports, pirate days, raft-ups, swim education, and wake board events.
Planning starts weeks or months ahead of Life Jacket Drive event. Follow these steps for a successful Life Jacket Drive:
- Visit our dedicated Life Jacket Drive website to download a Life Jacket Drive Manual and materials.
- Gather supporters
- Promote the Life Jacket Drive event using the materials
- Confirm supporters are prepared for Life Jacket Drive event
- Set up collection site
- Count attendance and take photos at event
- Clean up, debrief, and congratulate yourself and your team.
For first timers, click here to Join the Supporter’s Monthly Call and talk with other people who have already run a Life Jacket Drive.