Why Choose an PLB for Boating or Paddle Sports?
Choose an PLB if:
- Crew or passengers are on deck or dock at night
- Crew or passengers can become separated from boat
- Medical conditions of crew or passengers warrant
- Operating a vessel alone
- Operating a vessel with recent substantial repairs
- Operating a vessel at night
- Operating in areas inclined to sudden changes in weather
- Operating in areas that are remote
- Operating in areas that are unfamiliar
- Operating in areas with limited cell phone and VHF radio contact
- Operating in unreliable waters
- Operating an unfamiliar vessel
- Operating an unseaworthy vessel
When To Use a Beacon
Most Search-and-Rescue organizations instruct that beacons are satellite signaling devices of last resort, for use when all other means of self-rescue have been exhausted, where the situation is grave with imminent danger and the loss of life, limb, eyesight or valuable property will occur without assistance.
Personal Locator Beacon- PLB
Sea Tow Foundation uses the ACR Electronics ResQLink™+ for its beacon rental program. The ResQLink+ is a buoyant, GPS-enabled, designed for anglers, boaters, and paddle sport adventurers. At 5.4 oz and 4.5 inches, the ResQLink+ is small enough to be carried in your pocket, clipped to a backpack or stored inside an inflatable life jacket; and includes a built-in strobe light providing visibility during night rescues. Features include:
- Super Bright LED Strobe
- Onboard 66-Channel GPS
- Self-Test and GPS Test Features
- Typical Performance 30 Hours
- Non-Hazmat Battery
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Size: 1.6 x 1.9 x 4.5” (4.1 x 4.8 x 11.4 cm)
- Weight: 5.4 oz (153 g)
- About Sea Tow Foundation Beacon Rental Program
- How a Beacon Rescue Works
- Why choose a EPIRB (Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacon)
Rent an EPIRB or PLB Today – It’s easy!
Thank You for Supporting This Program!
Thank you for supporting The Sea Tow Foundation Beacon Rental Program. Our EPIRB and PLB Rental Program was made possible from a generous donation from ACR Electronics. Funds raised by this program are used to grow all Sea Tow Foundation programs including: Beacon Rental Program, Designated Sober Skipper Campaign, and Life Jacket Loaner Program.