Help us fit children with life jackets at the Miami Boat Show for 2-3 hours any time from February 13 to 17. You receive a free pass to the show on the day of your service. Call/text Sea Tow Foundation at 631-876-5085 for details. Please join us!
Here are some of the frequently asked questions about volunteering with the Sea Tow Foundation:
1 Your role will be to help fit children with loaner life jackets before they walk on the docks to see the boats and to collect the life jackets when they are done. We’ll provide training on-site so that you'll know when a life jacket fits correctly and will be all set.
2. You will be working at one of our 2 life jacket loaner stations along the waterfront at the entrances to Piers 2 and 5. Please dress to be outdoors.
3. Shifts are 2-3 hours in length.
4. There are many time slots available so ask a family member, a friend, or a co-worker to sign up to volunteer with you and you can explore the show together before or after your volunteer shift. (Free boat show entry for all volunteers!)
5. Location: 3501 Rickenbacker Causeway, Miami, FL 33149 (Please note the various transportation options to help you get to the show. Parking is not available at the show , so please plan accordingly and allow plenty of time to arrive at your scheduled volunteer time.)
6. Please arrive 20 minutes before your scheduled volunteer shift to collect your badge from the Will-Call window at the boat show office and make your way through the show to our Loaner Station tents set up along the waterfront.
7. A letter detailing your service hours can be provided to anyone that may need it. We can also sign volunteer sheets during your shift.