North American Sober Skipper Advisory Council
Council Member Sign In
The Sea Tow Foundation's North American Sober Skipper Advisory Council provides highly valued insight and recommendations regarding a variety of boating safety initiatives.
- Council members represent a broad-based perspective from the boating industry as associations, boat shows, government agencies, manufacturing, media, service industry, and retail.
- Council members are decision makers and influencers in the boating industry.
- Council members serve for two-year terms and can serve two consecutive terms.
- Members attend quarterly virtual meetings and travel to one annual meeting held in conjunction with a major industry event.
Members of the North American Sober Skipper Advisory Council:
- David Connolly, Partner, TH Connolly & Sons Inc.
- David Dickerson, VP State Government Relations, NMMA
- Jim Emmons, Non-Profit Outreach Grants Director, Water Sports Foundation, Inc.
- Kevin Falvey, Editorial Director, Boating Magazine/Bonnier
- Adam Fortier-Brown, Government Relations Manager, MRAA
- Mike Hankins, Vice President of Operations, American Marine Sports and Maritec Industries
- John Jost, Director of Marine Solutions, Ken Cook Co.
- Captain Keith Lake, Delivery Captain, MarineMax
- TK Krumenacker, CEO Admirals Insurance Corp.
- Dave Marlow, Director, Product Integrity/Government Affairs, Brunswick Corporation
- Tyler Mehrl, Category Manager/Steering and Controls, Mercury Marine
- Mark Pillsbury, Editor, Cruising World Magazine
- Angie Scott, Podcast Host, The Woman Angler & Adventurer
- Eric Shepard, Retired (30 years in the marine and aviation safety industries)
- Captain Frank Stoeber, Team Development Manager, Regal Boats
- Nic Thomas, Corporate Director of Dock Operations, Freedom Boat Club
- Stephanie Vatalaro, Senior VP Marketing & Communications, Recreational Boating & Fishing Foundation (RBFF)
- Annamarie Worrell, Boat Club & Marketing Manager, Emerald Coast Marine Group
- Leslie Zlotnick, Advertising Manager, Yamaha Watercraft Group
Sea Tow Foundation appoints 7 new members of the Sober Skipper Advisory Council
In addition, an executive committee directs and facilitates advisory council efforts:
- Kristen Frohnhoefer, President of the Board, Sea Tow Foundation
- Gail R. Kulp, Executive Director, Sea Tow Foundation
- Michael Wesolowski, Director of External Relations, Sea Tow Foundation
- Wanda Kenton Smith, President, Kenton Smith Marketing
National Boating Industry Safety Awards:
The Sea Tow Foundation and its North American Sober Skipper Advisory Council established the “National Boating industry Safety Awards” in 2019 to recognize the BEST boating safety programs and promotions in four different segments of the recreational marine marketplace:
The inaugural National Boating Industry Safety Awards were presented at The Elevate Summit on November 22, 2019 in Orlando, FL.
Stay tuned for the 2020 Awards Application and other details in the coming months.