Posted By Gail Kulp,
Monday, February 10, 2020
Updated: Monday, February 24, 2020
| Comments (0)
Sea Tow Foundation Blog 5 Reasons Why Boating is Good for Your Heart
February is American Heart Month and with Valentine's Day right around the corner, it’s time to give your heart a little extra love!
Luckily for you, boating is a great way to do just that! Don’t believe us? Check out the Sea Tow Foundation’s list below to see five reasons why boating is good for your heart:
- It relieves stress – Even the most inexperienced boaters know that stepping onto a boat can make all your everyday stresses disappear. Heading out to your local waterway with friends and family is a great way to relieve stress, sit back, and relax. When we’re near water, our heart and breathing slows, which is a plus for our bodies.
- It keeps you active – With so many of us spending most of the day sitting at a desk or in a vehicle commuting to and from work, boating is a great way to get outside and stay active. And you don’t have to be water skiing or wake boarding to stay active. Just getting out there and spending time in and around your boat is a great start to a healthier lifestyle!
- It brings you closer to nature – Boating is the perfect way to enjoy the great outdoors and everything Mother Nature has to offer. It allows you to get a unique perspective on local wildlife and see birds and fish and other animals that you may never see back ashore. Plus, there are all sorts of unique little wilderness areas that are only accessible by boat.
- It brings you closer to friends and family – Boating and family often go hand-in-hand. Getting out there and cruising the local waterways allows us to reconnect with loved ones and enjoy each other’s company. So, if you’ve been missing a close friend or family member, why not ask them to come out for a ride on the boat?
- It puts your heart at ease – To sum it all up, boating puts your heart at ease. Not only does it relieve stress, but for many of us, it puts us in our happy place. If you’re anything like us, there’s no place you’d rather be. Stress and anxiety can have such a drastic effect on heart health, so there’s no doubt that getting out on your boat can help give make you heart healthy.
This February get back out there on your boat! Trust us, your heart will thank you.
Photo by Jude Beck